Thursday 7 November 2013

Isimbi Got My Package!


I got a letter from Isimbi a few days ago, but I’ve been so busy I haven’t had a chance to blog about it until now! It’s a bit of an odd letter as it was written by project staff instead of by her, which is unusual. Perhaps she wasn’t feeling well on that day, or she might have just been absent on letter-writing day for some reason. The good news, though, is that it confirms that she received the baggie I sent to her by another OC’er! I’m so glad it got to her safely. Anyway, here’s the letter:

Dear Hannah,

Your child greets you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. She is doing so well and healthy. How are you doing over there with your family? She already started school in the third term of the final year. And she is studying hard to get good grades. She also prays for you always to have God’s peace, blessings. Thank you so much. May you stay healthy.Your child appreciates you for the letter with spects (I think they meant specs, as in sunglasses) pen, notebook, a bangle. (must be referring to the beaded necklace and bracelet. The Kinyarwanda also mentions a headband, which the translator must have missed.) May you be blessed.

Isimbi

Here’s a picture of the package I sent her!

Mini Sharpie marker, necklace/bracelet set, mini notebook, pen, headband, sunglasses,
and smiley ball.

And I also squeezed in a giraffe Beanie-Boo! He’s so cute! Isimbi really treasured the stuffed lion one of our youth group members sent to her, so I hope she enjoys this toy as well!


ALSO: I found out that Basomingera’s photo updated today! I’ll share the high-resolution photo as soon as I get it from Compassion!

4 comments:

  1. How fun to hear that Isimbi received your package!!! We received a letter from our little guy in Rwanda this week but he didn't mention receiving the cars. He is only 6, though, and usually his letters aren't too informative (although his drawings are adorable!!). It was fun to read your Isimbi's letter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that sometimes the letters from Rwanda are lacking in detail... it's still wonderful to hear from there though! How sweet that your boy draws you pictures; I've never gotten a drawing from a child!

      Delete
  2. That's so great! I was able to send a package to one of my boys with my mother in law, who is currently working in India. I can't wait to find out what Jayid thought of his presents! It would be cool to get a picture of him with them. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Jayid must have been so excited to get your package! I'd love to get photos of my two girls with their packages as well!

      Delete