Friday 31 July 2015

July Joys


Well, I thought I wasn’t going to get any letters at all this month, since I heard from all of my Compassion kids last month, but I was very blessed to find a letter from my little Miriam in my post office box today! I’m glad to have at least one letter to blog about!



My little munchkin sent me another cute coloring job and a little drawing. She’s my first Compassion child to draw for me and I think it’s SO precious! It looks like letters are going to be coming from her project quite regularly, and the project staff are making sure that she responds to my letters and questions!

Here’s her letter, which was written on the “My Family” template:

My siblings from oldest to youngest are Mary. In my family I spend the most time with my mother. Extended family that lives with me are grandparents and aunt. My family lives in the rural area. My food is prepared by my mother. My favorite thing to do with my family is dining together. (How cute!) My favorite way to help my family is sweeping the compound. My family’s faith background is Christian. My family’s health and special needs are education.

Miriam expresses her sincere love to you. She hopes you are okay back in US. (Oops, better write her a letter about Canada!) She says back in Kenya she is doing well with her family. She thanks you for the lovely letter you send her. She was happy to know about your parents and what they do. She asks you to pass her love to them. Miriam says that she also likes singing. She says that she lives with her parents and her sister Mary. She thanks you for the picture of your parents. She says she enjoys going for a trip with her family. Miriam wishes you all the best in what you do.

Isn’t she a little doll? Here’s her lovely drawing and coloring… just my favorite shade of blue! 


4 comments:

  1. What adorable artwork! I think the artwork is one of my favorite things from the little ones. I also love that she enjoys family dinners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's my first Compassion child to send me artwork; I'm looking forward to seeing how her drawings progress over time!

      Delete
  2. Miriam is such a cutie pie, I love it when they draw and color pictures :) sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is pretty cute; I squealed when she first appeared on my account!

      Delete