I was so excited today to discover that Hannah H.over at Because of Shamim has nominated me for the Liebster award!
Thank you SO much Hannah H.! For those who don't know, the Liebster award is a way of recognizing up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. The rules are as follows:
1. If you are nominated for the award, accept it! Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer their 11 questions.
4. Make up 11 random questions for your nominees *feel free to use the same questions or create your own*
5. Nominate/present a Liebster Blog Award to 11 more bloggers.
6. Display the Liebster Award logo on your site.
7. No tag backs.
Eleven random facts about me:
1. Jesus is the Number One love of my life.
2. I love music of absolutely any genre (as long as it's Christian!)
3. I grew up in Winnie-the-Pooh's hometown.
4. I'm passionate about photography and videography.
5. I drove a CN rail engine when I was nine years old.
6. I am passionate about languages and pick them up pretty quickly.
7. I am a speed reader.
8. I sing and play guitar, keyboard, cajon, and some recorder.
9. I LOVE whole wheat toast.
10. I LOVE Gypsy Vanner horses and Shiloh Shepherds.
11. My Compassion kids are my world, they keep me going every day!
My answers to Hannah's questions:
1. What is one thing you want to be remembered for? Being a person who loved Jesus more than anything else.
2. Who do you relate the most to in the Bible and why? Definitely Andrew! I wrote a blog post about it actually.
3. Who has had the greatest impact on your life and why? Well, Jesus Christ, of course! Because without Him i would be lost, I need Him every single day!
4. If you got to "make a wish" and spend one day doing anything, what would you do? I would spend a day riding Gypsy Vanner horses on a trail through northern Ontario.
5. What is the best compliment you have ever received? Lots of awesome ones, but when something I've said, written, or created moves people to tears, that has a deep impact on me.
6. If you had to choose a completely different career/life path, what would you do? I've always dreamed of being a rancher.
7. What would you do with a million dollars? Invest it so I know I'm set for life, then visit my Compassion kids and sponsor a few more. Other than that, not sure!
8. List the guests from your dream dinner party. Jesus and my Compassion kids.
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I think being able to turn into any animal would be pretty neat!
10. Tell us about one of your favorite memories. Definitely the summer I spent in Lethbridge Alberta in 2004. Awesome time at Dominion Conference, was really awesome to be on national TV at the age of 13!
11. What makes you laugh? My bandmates from Driftwood Cross. They always cheer me up!
I pass the Liebster Award on to: (Note: I have no idea how to tell how many followers a blog has, so if I goof up, please forgive me! And if I nominate someone who's already been nominated, I'm sorry! I'm still new at this thing too!)
Nothing Left to Paint
Beloved Little Ones
Me and Mr. Jones
My Compassion Kids
Once Upon a Prayer
Proof of His Love
Tales of Child Sponsorship
With Elephant Grace
Your questions! (same as above)
1. What is one thing you want to be remembered for?
2. Who do you relate the most to in the Bible and why?
3. Who has had the greatest impact on your life and why?
4. If you got to "make a wish" and spend one day doing anything, what would you do?
5. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
6. If you had to choose a completely different career/life path, what would you do?
7. What would you do with a million dollars?
8. List the guests from your dream dinner party.
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
10. Tell us about one of your favorite memories.
11. What makes you laugh?