Friday 6 September 2013

A First Letter from Basomingera!


Today, after almost six months of being Basomingera Ada’s correspondent, and after having to put in a letter inquiry after four months, I finally got a first letter from her! I call Ada my “Miracle girl” because her original Compassion Correspondent offered to give her to me after she heard that I was waiting and praying for a Rwandan correspondent.


Here’s a picture of my sweet girl. Doesn’t she have the most beautiful eyes? She is nine years old (and will be turning ten just four days from now!)

Ada’s letter was written by someone at her project, since she is not able to write by herself yet. It’s dated 24 July, 2013, which means it got here from Rwanda in six weeks. Here is the letter:

“Hannah, your child greets you in Jesus’ Name and she wishes you God’s peace. Thank you so much for the monthly support that you offer, your love and prayers. We also love you so much and always pray for God’s peace and blessings upon you. We miss you! She is now in Primary 3 (P.3) in second term. She is getting ready for her examinations so pray for her to pass them. In our family we are all fine, we wish you a nice time. Read Hebrews 6:10.”

I was so glad to hear that Ada has moved up to Primary 3. In her information packet it said she was still in Primary 2, which would explain why she is unable to write her own letter yet. (In comparison, my Isimbi is one month older and is in Primary 4 already! I’m guessing Ada’s family must not have been able to send her to school.) It’s so sweet that they say “We miss you” when I’ve never met them! (Hopefully that will change next year!)

Hebrews 6:10, the verse that they asked me to read, says, “God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.” I love this verse! Even though sometimes it seems we get no results for our labour (for instance, writing to kids who never write back or don’t respond well) God remembers everything that we do to help His people!

I love my sweet girl so much!

2 comments:

  1. What a great letter from your Ada!!! It also took us 6 months to receive our first letter from our Rwandan correspondent last year...but now we've been receiving a letter from him every 3 or 4 months! So hopefully your wait for the next letter won't be so long. And what a great verse that she shared! Thanks so much for sharing this letter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah, I'm hoping Ada will start writing regularly as well! My other Rwandan girl writes every two months on the dot.

      Delete